Full Radius Dance Summer Intensive: 2024
Monday, August 5 through Saturday, August 10, 2024
Monday through Friday from 9:30 AM to 2:30 PM with regularly scheduled breaks.
Half day on Saturday from 9:30 AM to 12:00 Noon.
Cost: $250. Limited financial assistance is available.
Registration is now open!
Location: Moving in the Spirit, 1458 La France Street Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30307
The Moving in the Spirit studios are conveniently located at the Edgewood/Candler Park MARTA Station. MARTA is Atlanta’s public transit system. For information about MARTA’s accessibility, click here.
Almost all professional dance training assumes a set of norms, paradigms, and aesthetics applicable only to people without disabilities. Full Radius Dance has created a methodology of rigorous dance training that serves both dancers with and without disabilities. Join us in Atlanta, GA for an in-person, weeklong summer intensive! It will be a deep dive into the Full Radius Dance technique as well as related topics such as partnering for diverse bodies, improvisational skills, terminology, etc.
Who Should Attend?
- Dance Teachers and choreographers who want to learn more about physically-integrated technique and working with disabled dancers
- New movers with and without disabilities who want to explore dance
- Professional Dancers who want to expand their skill sets and learn new techniques
- Pro-Professional Dancers who want to increase their knowledge and capabilities in various styles of modern dance in preparation for college dance programs and auditions
Why Should You Attend?
- Learn how to integrate disabled dancers into your classes
- Understand physically-integrated technique and partnering
- Meet seasoned dancers and choreographers in Atlanta
- Network with fellow dance teachers
- Engage with Artistic Director Douglas Scott and the artists of Full Radius Dance